a small vent...

At 11:40 PM on Friday, September 08, 2006

Hey ya'll

I haven't had the chance to watch televison, so I dont know if news of the first 'Hairspray' publicity still has taken over the air waves- but it does seem to have taken over every blog known to mankind.

Reactions seem to be mixed - but you know what they say about press.

These days 'blog press' plays a major role in boosting ticket sales. The mere mention of a film on a blog causes a chain reaction amongst bloggers. They all post the same pictures, with the same things to say with the same people commenting until every blog is covered. What does this mean? It means more exposure to a larger demographic absolutely free.


So in my mind, keep talking about it ya'll.


If every other blog in the world wants to take on this movie as their red-headed step child -you can guarantee this blog will not. Let there be at least one site that is excited. Blogs like Perez may bash the film and may get on television because it is what people want to hear- but a site like this one and the Dreamgirls Blog that have an actual passion for a film or anythings success - well, I think thats pretty rare.


I am certain there will be things I do not like about the movie, and when the time comes to give a review - I'll dish. However, the story itself is classic. It would take a lot to ruin 'Hairspray.'

Take care guys!

Love,
Hairhopper

Hairspray Movie Musical