Shaiman sings Zac's Praises

At 10:52 PM on Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Marc Shaiman responds to the Zac Efron Rumors on Broadway World.


"This is Marc Shaiman here. I co-wrote HAIRSPRAY. I have tried to never post anything about the movie casting, and don't plan to after this post, but I happened along this thread...

Although I cannot tell you if Zac Efron has been cast as Link, I can tell you he is one year older than our Tracy, Nikki Blonsky, so his age would be perfect.

And at his audition, he sang (and acted) like a dream. I have no idea about High School Musical, but the boy can sing and sing well. We'd be lucky to have him.

Just wanted to give you those facts!

See ya at the movies!"
Marc


What does this mean? We dont know.

The only thing we do know is that Zac did audition for the role of Link Larkin.

Hopefully we will get official word soon.

Love,
Hairhopper

Hairspray Movie Musical